- Maple Sugar Festival
- Guitars at the Buffalo Museum of Science
- Maple Weekend at Madava Farms
- Maple Weekend at Cronin's Maple Farm
- Maple Weekend at Sugar Oak Farms
- Maple Weekend at Kent's Sugar House
- Maple Weekend at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Maple Weekend at Gaeta Family Farm
- Maple Weekend at Maple Leaf Sugaring
- Capital District Garden & Flower Show
- Made in NY Art Show
- 34th Annual Festival of Dance
- Bruchcon NYC 2017
- 2017 Glens Falls Brewfest
- Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day
- Saratoga Tattoo Expo
- The Westchester Poetry Festival
- New York International Auto Show 2017
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Canadian Music Fest
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Utica Wine and Chocolate Festival
- Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Line
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
The "Electric City" in New York's Capital region has one of the largest collections of colonial houses in the U.S. The revitalized downtown district, located a block from the Amtrak station, is home to an exciting arts scene, entertainment and culinary scene.
|WHAT'S NEARBY THE
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS
|WHAT'S NEW IN SCHENECTADY|
Shows at Proctors Theatre, a beautifully restored venue built in 1926, include a mix of Broadway touring musicals (An American in Paris), concerts (Celtic Woman: The Destiny Tour), and exciting special events (Pretty Much the Best Comedy Show).
The Museum of Innovation and Science, a.k.a. "miSci," has opened the Challenger Learning Center, a hands-on science, technology, engineering and math experience, in a completely renovated wing with programs based on NASA astronaut training.
The Mabee Farm Historic Site hosted several special events in 2016, including Celtic Heritage Day, Canal Fest and an Arts & Crafts Festival. Permanent collection includes "The Erie Impact: Changing Agriculture in the Mohawk River Valley."
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS||BACK TO TOP|
|WHAT'S NEARBY THE SDY STATION|
Downtown Schenectady, a hub of history and culture, connects shops, galleries, museums, restaurants, parks, and colleges. Stroll the Mohawk River in Riverfront Park, or explore the marketplace on Jay St.—site of the Sunday Greenmarket.
The Stockade Historic District is a collection of 17th—20th-century homes, businesses and churches, including the Schenectady Civic Players community theater. Take an audio walking tour through this neighborhood, continuously inhabited for 300+ years.
Open year round, Central Park is known for its formal rose garden with 300 varieties and 4,000 bushes surrounding the tiered center fountain. Free summer concerts are performed at the Music Haven amphitheater.
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS||BACK TO TOP|
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS IN SCHENECTADY|
At the Empire State Aerosciences Museum , view restored Douglas, Grumman, McDonnell, and Northrop aircrafts; hands-on exhibits such as Simulated Reality Vehicle; an Amelia Earhart Exhibit; and several other displays of aviation memorabilia and artifacts.
Union College—renowned as the first architecturally-designed campus in America—is home to the 16-sided Nott Memorial, a National Historic Landmark. U.C. features Mandeville Gallery and Memorial Chapel, known for its acoustics for the chamber music series.
At the Wolf Hollow Brewing Company, a local craft brewery in Glenville, take an onsite brewery tour, relax and enjoy a cold, hand-crafted ale, IPA or stout in the tasting room, or dine in the BBQ restaurant.
|WHAT'S NEARBY||BACK TO TOP|