Welcome aboard your Amtrak® travel guide to destinations in New York State, Vermont and Canada! Established in 2004, we create and publish the website, NewYorkByRail.com and the award-winning magazine, New York By Rail, which passengers can find at Amtrak stations throughout the state.
NewYorkByRail.com is your detailed source of information on places to visit and things to do in our region. Looking for a pristine sandy beach? An amusement park? A casino? A hike to a waterfall? A hip restaurant? A romantic getaway? You’ll find out how to do all of these things, and so much more, by clicking through the pages of our website. You’ll see how easy and inexpensive it is to do it by train through the many discounts and travel packages we offer. We also give you first-hand accounts, accompanied by numerous photos and video clips, about our favorite destinations throughout the region. NewYorkByRail.com is your gateway to hundreds of hot spots and cool happenings!
New York By Rail Magazine
New York By Rail magazine is an APEX award-winning publication of excellence for 13 consecutive years running in a national competition sponsored by Communication Concepts, in Alexandria, Virginia. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content, and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. New York By Rail is published annually each spring, save spring of 2021 due to the pandemic, with 100,000 copies distributed:
- at Amtrak owned stations throughout New York State
- by mail to those requesting a copy
- New York State Thruway Information Center Rest Areas
- New York City hotels, residences and tourist outlets
- Other NYS attractions and tourist centers
The 2022/2023 edition of New York By Rail was recently published by Content Studio/Martinelli Custom Publishing. New York By Rail, an official Amtrak publication 18 years running is the only remaining Amtrak magazine since The National ceased publication in 2020.
The cover photo of the current issue features a spectacular Daniel Spitzer aerial photo of an Adirondack train, under the Port Henry Cliffs along Lake Champlain taken from his plane.
The 92-page magazine highlights the following articles and special content:
– 8-page pictorial of Daniel Spitzer aerial plane photos of Amtrak trains within picturesque scenic routes in New York and Vermont.
– 6-page “Cycling the Empire State Trail” section segmented by top trails within The Hudson Valley Greenway, The Champlain Valley and The Erie Canalway Trails.
– Exclusive interview with Miss New York’s Sydney Park chronicling her Amtrak journey from Moynihan Train Hall to Buffalo Exchange-Street.
– 4th Annual New York City Association of Hotel Concierges’ Survey of What’s New in the City since the pandemic.
– 8 Page “Come Be A Part Of It” I Love New York sponsored section.
– Letters from Amtrak President & CEO Stephen Gardner and Commissioner of the New York State Department of Transportation, Marie Therese Dominguez.
– New York By Rail Amtrak Route Map of Amtrak’s Adirondack, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express and Maple Leaf routes, Amtrak Thruway Bus Service and station services
– Interviews with four Amtrak conductors and two college students riding Amtrak
– Introduction to nine Travel Destinations throughout New York, Vermont and Canada
reflected by stunning double-page photographs and QR codes to online directories.
– 52 Signature Events near Amtrak stops.
100,000 copies of New York By Rail will be distributed through Amtrak-owned and other train stations; New York State Thruway Rest Areas; visitor centers, mailings to travel agents and consumer requested copies; consumer shows, lodging facilities and other outlets. New York By Rail, a mainstay onboard New York State Amtrak trains since 2005 is temporarily not being distributed onboard Amtrak trains due to COVID-19 safety measures enacted by Amtrak.
Thomas Martinelli, New York By Rail founder and publisher, said “we hope this invaluable travel guide will inspire more people to want to discover all the places Amtrak can take you to throughout New York, Vermont and Canada”.
New York By Rail magazine is an APEX award-winning publication of excellence for 13 consecutive years running in a national competition sponsored by Communication Concepts, in Alexandria, Virginia. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content, and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence.
The New York By Rail magazine e-edition is also available at NewYorkByRail.com, an online travel resource providing timely getaway ideas, events, discounts, travel packages, itineraries, and other useful information to plan an Amtrak getaway.
For more details about the 2022/2023 edition of New York By Rail Magazine contact Tom Martinelli at: 845-462-1209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, advertising information or to order a copy of the current issue of New York By Rail, contact us.