Vacationers Have Been Flocking Here Since the Mid-1800s
Imagine relaxing under the stars from the deck of an old-fashioned paddle-wheeler while reminiscing about the glorious view you hiked to earlier that day. Or maybe you spent the afternoon at a sandy beach after an adrenaline-packed morning at an amusement park. You must be in Lake George! Urbanites have spent their vacations here since the mid-1800’s spurred by William H.H. Murray’s Adventures in the Wilderness, a combination guidebook and collection of short stories about this region of the Adirondacks. Murray took the train to Lake George for its fresh air, clear water and majestic, wildlife-laden forests. The “Queen of American Lakes” still offers that today, but now with a bustling village and every modern amenity. It’s time to plan your Adirondack getaway!
Cruise aboard the Minnie-Ha-Ha, Lake George’s most famous steamboat.
Million Dollar Beach offers picnic spots, grills, and volleyball.
Explore on your own through Lake George’s boat launches.
Experiences & Events
• Lake George Steamboat Co.
• Port Kent Ferry
• Rogers Island Visitor Center
• Skene Manor
• The Depot Theatre
• Fort William Henry Hotel
• Best Western Lake George
• Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George
The Original Vacation Destination
• Round-trip Amtrak fare from New York Penn Station (NYP)
• 2-night hotel stay
• Lake George cruise
• All taxes
Travel Packages from $359 per person, per double occupancy*
* Package prices above are based on travel in shoulder periods of May and September. Prices typically increase June through August and decrease in the months of October through April and prices midweek are typically lower than weekends. Prices are per person double occupancy and based on availability. Please call us or contact via our website to get the most up to date pricing. Please give us approximate dates and we can offer prices.
For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 1-888-769-7245.
® I LOVE NEW YORK is a registered trademark and service mark of the New York State Department of Economic Development; used with permission.