DoubleTree Metropolitan – New York City is perfectly located at Lexington Ave. at 51st St. in the heart of Midtown Manhattan’s fashionable East Side. The iconic New York City hotel is steps away from Park Ave. and a plethora of New York City’s best attractions.
Originally designed by famous Art Deco architect Morris Lapidus, DoubleTree Metropolitan completed a $25 million transformation project in summer 2012, restoring this landmark hotel to its former glory.
The hotel offers 764 guest rooms, including 22 suites with contemporary, sleek décor and a number of modern in-room amenities. Before leaving for sightseeing, grab breakfast at Met Grill, the hotel’s restaurant. Unwind in the evening, and enjoy the Met Bar, a lively lounge located in the lobby.
An Ultra-Modern Hotel in New York City
DoubleTree Metropolitan has much to offer every guest, but the newly transformed Guest Rooms and Guest Suites are, of course, the centerpiece of a stay. Accommodations are graced with Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience beds. Contemporary bathrooms, LCD TVs, brand new work desks with comfortable, ergonomic chairs, and luxury bath products by Crabtree and Evelyn are just a few of the amenities that welcome every visitor.
“After a long day of exploration, you can unwind at the hotel’s Met Bar, which serves up tasty American fare and flavorful cocktails.”
—U.S. News – Travel
A one-of-a-kind location deserves top of the line amenities. Enjoy sleek, ultra-modern décor and first-rate luxuries like:
- Signature warm DoubleTree by Hilton cookies upon arrival
- 37-inch HD LCD TVs with HD cable
- Wired or wireless high-speed Internet access
- Sweet Dreams® by DoubleTree Sleep Experience beds
- Brand-new work desks with ergonomic chairs
- MP3-compatible alarm clocks
- Contemporary styled bathrooms with new fixtures and arched shower rods
- CITRON by Crabtree and Evelyn Citron bath products
- One or two phones per guest room – with dual port lines
- Laptop compatible, digital in-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Rollaway beds and cribs available
- Pet-friendly accommodations
- Complimentary 24-hour business center
- Complimentary 24-hour fitness center
- 12,000 square-feet of versatile event space
- Met Grill restaurant
- Trendy Met Bar
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Gift shop and newspaper stand
- Laundry service
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking available
- Luggage storage available
- Safety deposit box available at front desk / In-Room Safes
- Currency Exchange
Near DoubleTree Metropolitan
Location is everything, and this is especially true when choosing a New York City hotel. DoubleTree Metropolitan’s beautifully-appointed guest rooms and guest suites offer the distinct advantage of an ideal location in Midtown Manhattan. Whether in town for business meetings, to enjoy fabulous New York City shopping, explore attractions, or indulge in the City’s best food, it’s all within easy reach of our Manhattan Accommodations.
Stroll a few blocks and you’ll be in Times Square, enjoying the view from the Empire State Building, taking in a performance at Carnegie Hall, or dining at iconic NY Restaurants like Le Bernardin. This iconic New York City hotel is steps from Park Avenue, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue shopping, the United Nations, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Broadway theaters and The Museum of Modern Art.
You’ll find subway lines just a few minutes walk in any direction from the hotel. Catch the E, M, 4 or 6 trains, and experience all New York City has to offer.