The Albany Symphony is bringing new music to life at the American Music Festival with readings and performances by American composers.
American Music Festival
Experience new music come to life at the Albany Symphony American Music Festival.
Experience the music and art that the Albany Symphony has to offer. From May 30 to June 9, the American Music Festival is bringing innovative music and concerts to the ears of their attendees. For five days, festival goers can hear more than 25 new works by 18 American composers in addition to 14 world premiers by excelling composers.
One notable composer attending is Albany Symphony and Grammy Award-winning soprano Hila Plitmann. The orchestra’s Dogs of Desire are at the center of the festival, who are a chamber ensemble and hub for America’s most adventurous composers. Several featured artists will be performing throughout the festival.
American Music Festival event schedule:
- Dogs of Desire Open Rehearsal: May 30, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- First Draughts Reading Session and Beer Tasting: May 30, 7:00 p.m – 9:30 p.m.
- Dogs of Desire: May 31, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Argus Quartet: June 1, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- American Music Festival Concert: June 1, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Sing Out! Music in the Square: June 2, 11:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
- Sing Out! New York | Free Concert Schuylerville: June 6, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sing Out! New York | Free Concert Albany: June 7, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sing Out! New York | Free Concert Schenectady: June 8, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sing Out! New York | Free Concert Hudson: June 9, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tickets for the 2018 American Music Festival Concert start at $15 a person. Festival passes allow admission to all events for $99.
Take Amtrak to the American Music Festival
May 30 (Thursday) - June 9 (Sunday)
19 Clinton Ave, Albany, NY 12207