Savings and Special Offers for your Amtrak Travel
See New York and Save 15% DISCOUNT
Take your next trip outside the big city limits; you’ll not only see more of what New York has to offer, but you will save 15% off the regular adult rail fare. With multiple routes spanning the state, you’ll be able to explore everywhere from Niagara Falls to the Adirondacks to the Hudson Valley and everywhere in-between.
AMTRAK GIFT CARDS
Give the Gift of Amtrak Travel. Pick up an Amtrak Gift Card for the budding adventurer in your life or to help that frequent travelers check yet another destination off their list. Choose an amount up to $500; there are no fees and it never expires.
RAIL PASSENGERS ASSOCIATION (RPA) DISCOUNT
Rail Passengers Association (RPA) members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains. You must book your tickets (including tickets for travel on unreserved trains) at least three days in advance of travel.
rails to recovery DISCOUNT
If you or a loved one has a serious illness and must travel for specialized medical care, Amtrak can help reduce the financial burden through its special program. Amtrak works in partnership with Voices of Hope, a nonprofit organization based in Albany whose mission is to support families touched by life-altering conditions.
SAVE ON ENTERPRISE RENTAL CARS
If your final destination isn’t near a train station, Enterprise can help with great rates on great cars when you ride the rail. Pick up is free!
Amtrak Discount for Students:
Travel in New York
Been a while since you’ve seen the folks? Want to hang out with old friends at another school? With comfortable, seating, multiple outlets, and free WiFi on many routes, you can do just that. Relax, browse, stay connected and maybe even get some schoolwork done along the way. Bring up to two carry-on bags and two checked bags for free. Students age 13 – 25 with a valid student ID are eligible for 15% off the lowest Value or Flexible Fare when you book your travel at least one day in advance. Blackout dates apply. Tickets are available now at Amtrak.com, via the Amtrak mobile app (please refer to discount code V814 if booking via the app), at station ticket counters or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL
EVERYDAY AMTRAK DISCOUNTS
Kids RIDE FOR 50% OFF
Children 2 -12 ride half-price every day. Infants under 2 ride free.
- Passengers 12 years of age and younger must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
• Children traveling alone are not entitled to a children’s discount.
• Not valid on weekday Acela trains.
• Does not apply to non-Acela Business Class, First Class or sleeper accommodation charges. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
• Not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
• Additional restrictions may apply.
SENIORS SAVE 10% ON MOST AMTRAK TRAINS
Amtrak travelers 65 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 10% discount on most rail fares. On cross-border services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada, a 10% Senior discount is applicable to travelers aged 60 and over. Restrictions apply.
Military Personnel and Families Save 10% on Most Amtrak Trains.
With valid active-duty United States Armed Forces identification cards, active-duty US military personnel, their spouses and their dependents are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including the Auto Train. Just use the Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and select ‘Military’ for each passenger as appropriate to receive the discount. Additionally, Amtrak supports and thanks our troops by welcoming the uniformed military personnel to the head of the ticket line. Restrictions apply.
Military Veterans Save 10% on Most Amtrak Trains.
Veterans of the United States Military receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains. Veterans must have served in one of the following branches: Army, Marine Corp., Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, NOAA Corps*, US Pubic Health Service*, US Merchant Marine. (* Commissioned officers only.) Use the Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and select ‘Military Veteran’ for each passenger as appropriate to receive the discount. Restrictions apply.
Passengers with Disabilities Discount.
Amtrak offers a 10% rail fare discount to adult passengers with a disability. Child passengers with a disability are eligible for the everyday 50% child discount plus an additional 10% off the discounted child’s fare, regardless of the service on which they travel. Amtrak also offers a 10% discount for persons traveling with a passenger with a disability as a companion. Those designated as a companion must be capable of providing the necessary assistance to the passenger with a disability.
You must provide written documentation of your disability at the ticket counter and when boarding the train. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Membership card from a disability organization
- Letter from a physician
- Medicare card, if under 65
- Veteran’s Administration ID with “Service Connected”
Disabled/Accessible parking placard issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicle (photocopy is acceptable).
Transit system ID card for persons with a disability
Group Travel Discount.
Sharing your train trip with a group of 15 or more? Discounts are waiting for you. Passengers traveling together in groups of 15 or more may be eligible to receive a discount off the normal rail fare, or a free escort ticket for every 15 travelers. Learn more about group travel requests here or call 1-800-USA-1GRP for more information on taking everyone along to share the fun.
Make reservation requests for your group as early as possible for the best fares and accommodations.
Discounts: Groups may be eligible to receive discounts for each 15 paying passengers. The half-fare children’s discounts may be applied to eligible members of the group. Discounts are not valid on all trains. These discount options are offered at the discretion of Amtrak.
Plan to arrive at the train station at least 60 minutes before your scheduled train departure. Your group will need to be ready to board as soon as the train pulls into the station. Some station stops are as little as two minutes. You will need to be ready to board as soon as the train pulls into the station. Some station stops are as little as two minutes. The trains cannot wait for late-arriving groups or individuals.
- Present your ticket to the station staff or conductor.
- At staffed stations, identify yourself to the station staff to confirm boarding instructions.
- Identify your group to the conductor and follow his/her seating instructions. During your trip, feel free to contact onboard personnel for assistance.
- Group leaders and designated chaperones are responsible for the conduct and supervision of their group at all times during the field trip.
- Please remind your students to be considerate of the other passengers. Amtrak personnel cannot assist in the supervision of your group.
- Please use the trash and recycle bins and keep the area around your group clean and free of debris. Amtrak staff will provide extra trash bags for you to pick up your area before your group arrives at your destination.
- When your group exits the train, follow the conductor’s instructions.
- Appoint one or two people to follow behind the group to check the seating areas and overhead bins for any items that may have been left behind.
We look forward to having you travel on Amtrak.
Government Rail Discount: Amtrak offers federal government employees discounted fares for business travel within the Northeast Corridor as well as discounts for business travel on Coach fares nationwide. Federal government discounts must be booked through a federal employees travel management company or corporate booking tool and may not be booked on Amtrak.com. For more information, contact AmtrakGovernmentTravel@Amtrak.com.
In the Northeast Corridor: You can travel between 70+ stations using the Northeast Regional and Keystone Service. Amtrak will also continue to offer discounted federal government fares on select Acela trains in the Northeast Corridor.
No More Refund Worries: We’ve removed the refund rules from our federal government fares, so your reservation (when booked through approved channels) is now fully refundable if canceled prior to departure.
- Book your business travel via your self-serve booking tool, or your TMC.
- When your reservation contains a federal government fare, it’s free of our normal refund rules. Your trip is 100% refundable when you travel with a federal government fare and you cancel prior to departure.
- If needed, you can cancel your reservation through Amtrak.com, our mobile apps, by calling us, or with an Amtrak Station Agent. Cancellations made prior to departure will be refunded 100%.
- No-shows/no-cancellation will be forfeited.
Amtrak Share Fares
Norwegian Cruise Line Discount
Book a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line and receive a discount from Amtrak on train travel to and from one of Norwegian Cruise Line’s homeports. A discount is available to Norwegian Cruise Line clients who have booked a cruise and wish to travel to and/or from one the Norwegian Cruise Line homeports by train. The discount applies to available Amtrak fare (rail passage fare and accommodation charge) booked in “D” inventory bucket. Tickets are available now at Amtrak.com, via the Amtrak mobile app, at station ticket counters or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL. As always, customers will enjoy plenty of legroom, a generous luggage policy, and scenic routes. Amtrak also offers free Wi-Fi, the freedom to use phones and electronic devices at all times (no “airplane mode”).