- Shakespeare in the Park
- Alive at Five
- Xerox Rochester Jazz Festival
- Spotlight: Erie Canal
- Museum Mile Festival
- Rose Day at Mills Garden
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival
- MWPAI Art Festival
- Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Bard Summerscape
- Independence Day Weekend
- Water Music New York
- Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular
- Glimmerglass Festival
- Taste of Buffalo
- Garden Walk Buffalo
- YoFi Film Festival
- Syracuse: A City of Versatility and Historic Charm
- 9 Things to Do Around Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring and Summer Gardens Across NYS
- 9 Ways to Celebrate the Arrival of Spring
- Take a Hike Over Lake George
- Worth a Visit: The Wild Center in Tupper Lake
- Baseball Sites Reachable Via Amtrak
- What's That?
- Spring Back Into Spring
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip with Amtrak
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
- New York Yankee Home Game Season 2017
- New York Mets Home Game Season 2017
- Toronto Blue Jays Home Game Season 2017
AROUND SOUTHERN SARATOGA
Plan your next trip by train and experience the excitement of Southern Saratoga.
Southern Saratoga County’s towns, villages and hamlets (Ballston Lake, Ballston Spa, Burnt Hills, Charlton, Clifton Park, Crescent, Halfmoon, Jonesville, Malta, Mechanicville, Milton, Rexford, Round Lake, Schuylerville, Stillwater, Vischer Ferry, Waterford) and the nearby town of Glenville offer a wonderful, relaxed lifestyle and are a great plact to live, play and work.
We feature everything from shopping malls and restaurants to orchards, produce, dairy and horse farms. Outdoor recreation possibilities abound, with public parks sprinkled throughout the area, and walking/bicycle trails wind their way along scenic byways. The twin towns of Clifton Park and Halfmoon feature great accommodations such as the Park Manor Hotel (www.theparkmanorhotel.com, (518) 373-2255), interesting trails and historic sites such as Grooms Tavern (built in 1825) and the Vischer Ferry General Store, (1787). The Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway has a self-guided tour along the route, accessible by scanning QR codes at various locations or by keying in 518-649-9990 on a cell phone.
The region is surrounded on three sides by the historic Erie and Champlain canals, providing a unique and historic waterway experience, and a special travel experience. A special Tugboat Roundup Travel Package is being offered this year to commemorate the Erie Canal Bicentennial.
Come to the Waterford Tugboat Roundup, September 8-10, and see the great vessels tied up at the docks, enjoy a giant waterside festival complete with tour boat cruise and savor local food specialties and freshly grown apples and produce from nearby farms!
Those seeking employment will find businesses large and small. such as industry giants GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Momentive Performance Materials. There are good jobs available here, and ample education opportunities in the arts, sciences and vocational fields.
To experience any of the activities mentioned above, please visit www.southernsaratoga.org or call us today!
RESOURCES: Southernsaratoga.org | Southern Saratoga Information Center (just north of Exit 9 on the I-87 Northway, northbound side) 518-371-3763.