- Maple Sugar Festival
- Guitars at the Buffalo Museum of Science
- Maple Weekend at Madava Farms
- Maple Weekend at Cronin's Maple Farm
- Maple Weekend at Sugar Oak Farms
- Maple Weekend at Kent's Sugar House
- Maple Weekend at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Maple Weekend at Gaeta Family Farm
- Maple Weekend at Maple Leaf Sugaring
- Capital District Garden & Flower Show
- Made in NY Art Show
- 34th Annual Festival of Dance
- Bruchcon NYC 2017
- 2017 Glens Falls Brewfest
- Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day
- Saratoga Tattoo Expo
- The Westchester Poetry Festival
- New York International Auto Show 2017
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Canadian Music Fest
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Utica Wine and Chocolate Festival
- Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Line
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
AROUND SOUTHERN SARATOGA
Plan your next trip by train and experience the excitement of Southern Saratoga.
No matter how you get here—train, water or highway— southern Saratoga County is an ideal place to live, play and work. Any of southern Saratoga County's towns, villages and hamlets (Ballston Lake, Ballston Spa, Burnt Hills, Charlton, Clifton Park, Crescent, Halfmoon, Jonesville, Malta, Mechanicville, Milton, Rexford, Round Lake, Schuylerville, Stillwater, Vischer Ferry and Waterford) or the nearby town of Glenville offer a wonderful, relaxed lifestyle.
Southern Saratoga County features everything from shopping malls and restaurants to orchards, produce, dairy and horse farms. Outdoor recreation possibilities abound, as the region is surrounded on three sides by the historic Erie and Champlain canals, providing a unique and historic waterway experience.
Public parks are sprinkled throughout the area, and walking/bicycle trails wind their way along scenic byways. The twin towns of Clifton Park and Halfmoon feature some of the most interesting trails and historic sites, such as the Vischer Ferry General Store, built in 1787 and still serving customers today!
Those seeking employment will find businesses large and small, anchored by Momentive Performance Materials in Waterford (momentive.com), the GLOBALFOUNDRIES semiconductor manufacturing in Malta (globalfoundries.com) and nearby GE in Schenectady (ge.com). GE is a tremendous partner with the Chamber of Souther Saratoga County and colleges and universities such as Adirondack, Hudson Valley or Schenectady Community Colleges, RPI, Sage College, the University at Albany and more.
If you are considering relocating to the area, building a second home or satellite office for your business, we can put you in touch with capable real estate professionals who are intimately familiar with the area. The same is true for any manufacturing company with interest in locating here. Call today!
RESOURCES: Southersaratoga.org* Northway-Exit 9 Information Center (just north of Exit 9 on the I-87 Northway, northbound side). 518-371-3736