- Maple Sugar Festival
- Guitars at the Buffalo Museum of Science
- Maple Weekend at Madava Farms
- Maple Weekend at Cronin's Maple Farm
- Maple Weekend at Sugar Oak Farms
- Maple Weekend at Kent's Sugar House
- Maple Weekend at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Maple Weekend at Gaeta Family Farm
- Maple Weekend at Maple Leaf Sugaring
- Capital District Garden & Flower Show
- Made in NY Art Show
- 34th Annual Festival of Dance
- Bruchcon NYC 2017
- 2017 Glens Falls Brewfest
- Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day
- Saratoga Tattoo Expo
- The Westchester Poetry Festival
- New York International Auto Show 2017
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Canadian Music Fest
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Utica Wine and Chocolate Festival
- Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Line
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
Around Long Island
Plan your next trip by train and experience the excitement of Long Island, NY.
Just outside of New York City, you'll find some of the top-rated ocean beaches in the country and the quaint seaside villages of the world-famous Hamptons.
Easily accessible via the Long Island Rail Road (the nation's largest commuter railroad) from the Amtrak stop in Penn Station; most hotels will pick you up at a Long Island Rail Road train station but call ahead. Or you can rent a car, or take the Hampton Jitney from NYC to several destinations on Long Island.
How about a horseback ride on the beach at sunset or a bicycling trip through the glamorous Wine Country? You could set out on a fishing adventure, hike to the top of a lighthouse, or enjoy dining at a harbor-side restaurant.
If adventure is what you crave, you'll find kayaking, surfing lessons, sky-diving and so much more. Or venture out on a hike through a 300-year-old Sunken Forest located just behind the beach dunes of Fire Island.
Or for a more relaxing adventure: take a sailing lesson aboard a private sailboat. And the avid golf traveler will find miles and miles of fairways on some of the most challenging golf courses.
Like history? Visit sites connected with George Washington's 'Culper' Spy Ring. Visit the homes of past presidents, poets and artists, including President Theodore Roosevelt, Poet Walt Whitman and Artists Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner. Or tour the mansions of Long Island's Gold Coast era, depicted in The Great Gatsby.
There's lots of fun for kids too. From a children's museum, aviation museum, and maritime museums to the world-class aquarium, wildlife parks, game farms and one of the top-rated water parks in the country.
Long Island, NY is waiting to be explored.
Book your trip at DiscoverLongIsland.com, or call 877-386-6654, ext. 235 for a free Travel Guide.