- Shakespeare in the Park
- Alive at Five
- Xerox Rochester Jazz Festival
- Spotlight: Erie Canal
- Museum Mile Festival
- Rose Day at Mills Garden
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival
- MWPAI Art Festival
- Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Bard Summerscape
- Independence Day Weekend
- Water Music New York
- Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular
- Glimmerglass Festival
- Taste of Buffalo
- Garden Walk Buffalo
- YoFi Film Festival
- Syracuse: A City of Versatility and Historic Charm
- 9 Things to Do Around Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring and Summer Gardens Across NYS
- 9 Ways to Celebrate the Arrival of Spring
- Take a Hike Over Lake George
- Worth a Visit: The Wild Center in Tupper Lake
- Baseball Sites Reachable Via Amtrak
- What's That?
- Spring Back Into Spring
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip with Amtrak
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
- New York Yankee Home Game Season 2017
- New York Mets Home Game Season 2017
- Toronto Blue Jays Home Game Season 2017
Around Long Island
Plan your next trip by train and experience the excitement of Long Island, NY.
Just outside of New York City, you'll find miles of sparkling ocean beaches, historic sites, quaint downtown villages, world-renowned Long Island Wine Country and, of course, the famed Hamptons. Enjoy some of the best farm-to-table fare available in the United States, courtesy of the incredible farmlands and the bounties of the island's surrounding waters.
History buffs will love the homes of past presidents, poets, and artists, including U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt in Oyster Bay and poet Walt Whitman in Huntington Station. Adventure seekers can climb to the top of the many storied lighthouses like the Fire Island Lighthouse or venture out on a hike through the 300-year-old Sunken Forest, the only one of its kind on the East Coast.
Avid golfers will find some of the most challenging golf courses in the country, including Bethpage Black. Long Island offers sports fans once-in-a-lifetime experiences like the Belmont Stakes or the 2018 U.S. Open in Southampton. Surfers flock to Long Island's shores each year to conquer East Coast waves at Long Beach or Montauk, and sailors, yachtsmen and fishermen alike enjoy some of the deepest water ports the Northeastern seaboard has to offer and waters teeming with life.
Getting to and across Long Island is a breeze with the Long Island Rail Road, which makes stops in the most popular towns and villages across the island. Beach communities and waterfront favorites like Freeport, Saville and East Hampton are direct stops, as are major downtown destinations like Northport, Bay Shore, Patchogue, Stony Brook, Mattituck and Greenport.
With something for everyone, there has never been a better time to discover Long Island, New York City's beachfront backyard.
Long Island, NY is waiting to be explored.
Book your trip at DiscoverLongIsland.com, or call 877-386-6654, ext. 235 for a free Travel Guide.