- Syracuse: A City of Versatility and Historic Charm
- 9 Things to Do Around Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring and Summer Gardens Across NYS
- 9 Ways to Celebrate the Arrival of Spring
- Take a Hike Over Lake George
- Worth a Visit: The Wild Center in Tupper Lake
- Baseball Sites Reachable Via Amtrak
- What's That?
- Spring Back Into Spring
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip with Amtrak
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
- New York Yankee Home Game Season 2017
- New York Mets Home Game Season 2017
- Toronto Blue Jays Home Game Season 2017
Spotlight: Erie Canal
MARCH 25 - AUGUST 20, 2017
ALBANY INSTITUTE OF HISTORY AND ART
125 WASHINGTON AVENUE
ALBANY, NY 12210
(2.2 MILES FROM ALBANY-RENSSELAER AMTRAK STATION)
PRICES VARY PER EXHIBIT
Held by the Albany Institute of History and Art, this exhibition features the history of the Erie Canal. There are numerous artifacts and exhibits that focus on the canal’s construction, as well as its historical and industrial impact on the greater Albany area. In addition, there are several events being held in conjunction with the spotlight, like Erie Canal watercolor painting sessions every weekend in April, as well as an Erie Canal concert on April 21st. Keep an eye out for more announcements from the institute as they celebrate the important history of this New York State icon.