- Maple Sugar Festival
- Guitars at the Buffalo Museum of Science
- Maple Weekend at Madava Farms
- Maple Weekend at Cronin's Maple Farm
- Maple Weekend at Sugar Oak Farms
- Maple Weekend at Kent's Sugar House
- Maple Weekend at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Maple Weekend at Gaeta Family Farm
- Maple Weekend at Maple Leaf Sugaring
- Capital District Garden & Flower Show
- Made in NY Art Show
- 34th Annual Festival of Dance
- Bruchcon NYC 2017
- 2017 Glens Falls Brewfest
- Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day
- Saratoga Tattoo Expo
- The Westchester Poetry Festival
- New York International Auto Show 2017
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Canadian Music Fest
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Utica Wine and Chocolate Festival
- Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Line
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
Whether your destination is the multinational metropolis of Toronto, or the old-world-meets-new-generation city of Montréal, there are countless things to do and see.
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS
|WHAT'S NEW IN MONTRÉAL & TORONTO|
A new observatory space—Au Sommet Place Ville Marie—opened in Montréal atop an iconic building, offering extraordinary downtown views (ausommetplacevillemarie.com). Get a different view riding the MTL Zipline over the St-Laurent River (mtlzipline.com). On the ground, an interactive historical art installation, Montréal en Histoires—Cité Mémoire features 20 tableau using innovative 3D projections (montrealenhistoires.com).
Toronto welcomed 150+ top players in the NHL last September for the 2016 World Cup of Hockey (WCH2016.com.com). The Toronto Zoo recently welcomed the birth of the first giant panda cubs born in Canada, as well as polar bear and lion cubs (TorontoZoo.com). At the Eaton Centre Canada's first Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom stores open this year (CFShops.com).
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS||BACK TO TOP|
|WHAT'S NEARBY CANADIAN STATIONS|
In Montréal, the train station is located adjacent the Mary Queen of the World Cathedral (CathedraleCatholiqueDeMontreal.org). Hockey fans flock to the nearby Centre Bell, home of the Montréal Canadiens and Hall of Fame exhibits (CentreBell.ca). The station is part of the Underground City, connected to miles of shopping, dining, and entertainment.
In Toronto, Union Station is connected to most of downtown via the subterranean PATH system and footbridges. Within a ten-minute walk, you'll reach the CN Tower—the world's tallest structure (CNTower.ca), as well as Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (RipleyAquariums.com). South of that is Harbourfront Centre, an arts and entertainment venue (HarbourfrontCentre.ca).
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS||BACK TO TOP|
|WHAT'S NOT TO MISS IN CANADA|
Montréal's history can be appreciated in Old Montréal, where the Notre Dame Basilica has stood as a Gothic Revival masterpiece since 1824 (BasiliqueNDDM.org). The Pointe-à-Callière museum of archaeology and history takes visitors from the 14th century to present day via multimedia technology (PACMusee.qc.ca).
Toronto observed several anniversaries this year, including the Toronto Blue Jays 40th Season (Toronto.BlueJays.MLB.com), and the 100th for the Toronto Maple Leafs (MapleLeafs.NHL.com). It was also the 10th anniversary of the global multi-arts Luminato Festival (LuminatoFestival.com), and the 20th Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, the world's largest photography event (ScotiaBankContactPhoto.com).
|WHAT'S NEARBY||BACK TO TOP|