- Shakespeare in the Park
- Alive at Five
- Xerox Rochester Jazz Festival
- Spotlight: Erie Canal
- Museum Mile Festival
- Rose Day at Mills Garden
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival
- MWPAI Art Festival
- Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival
- Bard Summerscape
- Independence Day Weekend
- Water Music New York
- Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular
- Glimmerglass Festival
- Taste of Buffalo
- Garden Walk Buffalo
- YoFi Film Festival
- Syracuse: A City of Versatility and Historic Charm
- 9 Things to Do Around Memorial Day Weekend
- Spring and Summer Gardens Across NYS
- 9 Ways to Celebrate the Arrival of Spring
- Take a Hike Over Lake George
- Worth a Visit: The Wild Center in Tupper Lake
- Baseball Sites Reachable Via Amtrak
- What's That?
- Spring Back Into Spring
- The 2017 NYS Maple Weekend is Here!
- 6 Not-to-Miss St. Patty’s Day Parades
- Your March Madness Survival Guide
- Don't Miss the 2017 Saratoga Winterfest!
- Hudson: City of Re-imagined Charm
- Worth a Visit: The Pennsy
- Best Places to Ski and Snowboard in New York
- Top 10 Things to Do in NYC This Holiday Season
- Top Winter Vacation Spots in New York
- Meet Marty!
- Traveling with Kids During the Holiday Season Made Easier by Amtrak
- New Amtrak Station Opening in Niagara Falls
- All Aboard the Polar Express!
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Museum Picks from Don Wildman!
- Amtrak and Taste NY Team Up
- Take Amtrak to See the Top Hockey Teams and Arenas in New York State and Further
- Amtrak's "Great Dome" Car Returns
- Take a Cycling Trip with Amtrak
- Amtrak Takes You to the Top Football Teams and Stadiums in New York State!
- Tour New York with Connections: Suggested Itineraries
- New York Yankee Home Game Season 2017
- New York Mets Home Game Season 2017
- Toronto Blue Jays Home Game Season 2017
About New York By Rail
New York By Rail is your Amtrak® travel guide to destinations from New York City to Vermont and Canada. Established in 2004, New York By Rail recently published its 13th edition in May 2016.
New York By Rail is published annually by Martinelli Custom Publishing, a custom publishing and content marketing company based in Poughkeepsie, New York. 175,000 copies are distributed onboard New York State Amtrak trains and Amtrak stations; New York State Thruway Information Centers; Fairs and Festivals and in other targeted ways.
The 2016 issue of New York By Rail provides travel information on the 13 Amtrak destinations along the Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express, Empire State and Maple Leaf railroad lines, including what's new, what's not-to-miss, and what's nearby each train station. A dedicated calendar of events provides details on 50 fairs, festivals and happenings that can be reached via Amtrak. The "Discounts & Rewards" section highlights exclusive savings programs for Amtrak passengers, including discounts for travel to the New York State Fair, Fort Ticonderoga, and a special 15% "I Love NY" discount on select routes.
Connections, a new section introduced in 2015, includes several suggested door-to-door leisure travel itineraries. Amtrak passengers can follow these plans for two-day getaways that begin at stations in Yonkers, Croton-on-Hudson, Poughkeepsie, Hudson, Albany-Rensselaer, and Saratoga Springs. Travelers can access attractions and accommodations through Enterprise Car Rental service available directly at these stations.
New York By Rail was awarded the 2016 APEX Award for Publication Excellence in the category of "One-of-a-Kind Publications - Custom Published" for the 2015 issue of New York By Rail. This is the 8th consecutive year New York By Rail received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence.
For questions, advertising information or a copy of the recent issue of New York By Rail contact: